SlimLite™ Slate & Quartzite SlimLite™
Roll over to zoom product
Photo features SlimLite™ Autumn Mist on the walls.
Wall Field Tile
These stones may contain holes, voids, lines of separation and structural flaws. It is standard practice to repair these stones by filling them or reinforcing them.
A sealer is recommended.
Autumn Mist, Indian Multicolor and California Gold - These stones contain deposits of minerals and iron that may react to moisture. Stone bleeding or rusting is a common example of this. These stones should not be used in installations where they would be exposed to standing, run off water or too much humidity. A sealer is strongly recommended but will not prevent chemical reaction from happening. Please contact your sealer manufacturer for information about products that can protect the stone from moisture exposure.
- Important to make sure the surface on which the SlimLite Slate and Quartzite is applied has been cleaned of any dirt, dust, grease or any other substance that may hinder the effectiveness of the adhesive.
- The recommended and most durable adhesive for installing SlimLite Slate and Quartzite is any adhesive with a polyurethane component.
- The following have also been used and shown to be effective: premixed grout and tile adhesive, epoxy, silicone, thick latex type tile adhesive, or any polyurethane wood glues.
- Check the properties of any adhesive used to be certain the conditions that the SlimLite Slate and Quartzite is installed in are covered under the adhesive's guidelines.
Cutting, Grouting and Sealing
- SlimLite Slate and Quartzite can be easily cut into various shapes using scissors, tin snips, metal shears, a wet saw or table saw.
- When installing SlimLite Slate and Quartzite, you have the option of using grout joints or butting the pieces against each other. Due to the minimal thickness of the product, it is best if a minimal grout joint is used. Tests have show nthat the most effective grout joint used is a water-based epoxy grout.
|Black, Silver and Copper||N/A||1.9%||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|California Gold, Autumn Mist and Indian Multicolor||N/A||2.5%||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Floors/Patios (Covered & Uncovered)|
|Floors||Walls||Countertops||Exterior Patios||Exterior Pool Decks|
Suitable for covered exterior walls in freezing and non-freezing climates when proper installation methods are followed.
Copper, Silver and Black - Can be used in interior wet areas, if sealed and maintained properly. If not properly maintained, the stone look could be altered. Please contact your sealer manufacturer or your Daltile sales representative for information about products that can protect the stone from moisture exposure.
Autumn Mist, Indian Multicolor and California Gold - Not recommended for wet areas.
Product is flammable and should not be used close to a heat front.
|12 x 24 Field Tile||
(12" x 24")
(30 cm x 60 cm)
Pieces Per Carton: 25
|24 x 48 Field Tile||
(24" x 48")
(61 cm x 122 cm)
Pieces Per Carton: 50